Our next training begins Summer 2019.
Our 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training will include (but is not limited to):
- Techniques, Training, and Practice, include asana, pranayama, meditation, instruction techniques, and guided practice.
- Teaching Methodology, including teaching communication skills, group dynamics, time management, teaching boundaries, addressing students’ specific needs, teaching styles, demonstrating asanas, assists, and the business of yoga
- Anatomy and Physiology, including the anatomy of breathing, human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.), and may also include energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.), and its application to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc.).
- Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle, and Ethics for Yoga Teachers, including yoga philosophies and traditional texts, such as the Yoga Sutras and Hatha Yoga Pradipika, yoga lifestyle, ethics for yoga teachers, and understanding the value of teaching yoga as a service and being of service.
- Practice Teaching: Each trainee will have significant teaching as the lead instructor and will receive and give valuable feedback.
- Yoga Sutras by Patanjali by Sri Swami Satchidananda
- Yoga Sequencing by Mark Stephens (sold at FCY)
- Yoga Anatomy 2nd Edition by Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews (sold at FCY)
- The Key Poses of Yoga by Ray Long (sold at FCY)
- Yoga’s Touch Hands On Adjustments, Alignment & Verbal Cues (sold at FCY)
- Netter’s Anatomy Coloring Book: 2nd edition: Chapter 1 (sold at FCY)
- A separate mat for park practices (park mats are not allowed in the studio).
- Other Suggested Reading:
Explore more about our program: